Thread: Visible Checkbox in EditorGrid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Visible Checkbox in EditorGrid

Hi all,

I currently have a working Editor Grid set up with a column full of boolean values that once a user double clicks they can then edit the underlying checkbox.

This works fine, however what i would like is a way of displaying the checkboxes imediately. So for a user to check a row they only need one click per row, not three.

Any ideas?

m

In my column model i have the Column set up as

header: "Authorise?",
    dataIndex: 'action',
    id: 'action',
    align: 'center',
    width: 100,
    renderer: formatBoolean,
    editor: new Ed(new fm.Checkbox())

and the renderer function is

function formatBoolean(value){
    return value ? 'Yes' : 'No';
    };

Ext User

Hi!

For example with a renderer:
    Code:
            function check(value){
                return '<input type="checkbox" value="' + value + '">';
            }
    But, please see the screencast from Scott Walter (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5498)!
    He exmplain the editor grid perfectly!

Regards,
    Jacka

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar

I guess you want that checkboxes start in "edit" mode so there is no necessity to dblclick to start editor and click to change value.

I am also interested but I'm afraid that this would need some custom coding as there is only one instance of GridEditor of a particular type that is shared by all cell of same type.

I watched the screen cast which was definatly awesome, however i do wan the the check boxes to be immediately available (ie: without the double click first) as my users need to click on a lot of them.

I may change the model to simply select the rows the press a button to action all the rows select or some such.

m

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by markn View Post
    I watched the screen cast which was definatly awesome, however i do wan the the check boxes to be immediately available (ie: without the double click first) as my users need to click on a lot of them.

I may change the model to simply select the rows the press a button to action all the rows select or some such.

m
    Do you solve your problems ? I have the same problems

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jacka View Post
    Hi!

For example with a renderer:
    Code:
            function check(value){
                return '<input type="checkbox" value="' + value + '">';
            }
    But, please see the screencast from Scott Walter (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5498)!
    He exmplain the editor grid perfectly!

Regards,
    Jacka

yes ,that's work !

Ext JS Premium Member

I guess that the states of checkboxes will not be maintained after sorting, drag/drop-- soritng, DD will clear all checked checkboxes. Do you have the same problem?

The Scott Walker screencast show how to render the results as a checkbox.. but users still need to double click to edit. Sot it's not what i'm really looking for. I'd like for my users to see a grid with a column of check boxes that they can simply click on each one once to check or uncheck.

At present with the checkbox rendered detailed above a user has to double click on the cell then check or uncheck the box. This counts for three clicks and a very non standard user interface

m

Hi,
    and what if I want each cell to be immediately editable (i.e. no click needed to render the editor)? Is there a way to achieve that?
    Thanks
    Massimo

Did anyone found out how to do this? (how you can click once on a cell to check/uncheck a checkbox instead of 3 times)