Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CLOSED] ComboBox select scrollIntoView bug

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    That code works fine for me.
    Which version of GXT?

Which browser?

Which OS?

When you click the ComboBox arrow trigger, item 75 is selected and scrolled into view?

Sencha Premium Member

FF,IE6 and IE7 and hosted mode on windows with latest GXT. And yes. When i expand the list, "75" is scrolled into view.

FF,IE6 and IE7 and hosted mode on windows with latest GXT. And yes. When i expand the list, "75" is scrolled into view.
    Very strange... it doesn't work for me. Are you testing against the released version of 1.2.2 ?

I just double-checked that I am using GXT 1.2.2 (in fact, downloaded a new copy, fwiw).

Any ideas?

Screen shots attached to prove I'm not crazy!

IE 7 on XP2

Firefox on XP SP2:

Sencha Premium Member

Can you test it with the latest version you find in SVN under "releases/1.2"?

Ok, that works!

sven, thanks for your help... I'm not crazy after all

This raises a bigger issue/concern. Changes are being made to the 1.2.2. release branch, but as a paying customer I don't have any visibility to what bugs were fixed or what the changes are. For obvious support and stability reasons, customers shouldn't be required to update a release branch without some official release notes from Ext.

Each time we upgrade to a new version of GXT, we have to go through an fairly intensive testing cycle to make sure there are any other issues, side effects, etc... We have on occasion upgraded only to find out that they are other areas that we broken in the release.

I appreciate the environment you are operating in (been there many times too!), and my comments are only intended to bring about positive, construction change.

Perhaps you could raise this issue (or suggest someone I could raise it with).

Any comments?

Sencha Premium Member

The fixes made in SVN will be part of the next release. The changes are written in the release file and are also visible to you over the svn history log.

The fixes made in SVN will be part of the next release. The changes are written in the release file and are also visible to you over the svn history log.
    Your missing my point. Having customers search thru SVN log history isn't an efficient way to determine what has been fixed and changed.

What would be nice is to have a bug tracking system associated with the change. I assume developers at EXT check in code changes related to bugs, correct? You need to have an bug tracking system that allows external customers the capability to see what is being fixed and when. You don't have to share your internal bugs, that you don't want customers to see.

Let me give you another example: I just checked out 1.2.2 release trunk, compiled it and used in our application. I got a bunch of exceptions for some of the FX fade workarounds we had to do in the released 1.2.

This is a real pain point for customers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12