Thread: New to ext: creating a project management system...

Default New to ext: creating a project management system...

Hi!

I need to make a project management system with calendar-like interface (like Microsoft Project, based on MySQL+PHP):

1) 1st column = names of resources (like "equipment", "personnel" etc.), always fixed number. 1 row = 1 resource timeline. Names of rows may placed out of the grid.
    2) Headers = dates of current month
    3) Other cells contain description for the corresponding resource on the corresponding date.

What kind of DataStore, ColumnModel should i use?

Thank you!!!

The fields and columns need to be the same as the grid headers (1 resource name + n dates), but I assume that your data isn't organized that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    The fields and columns need to be the same as the grid headers (1 resource name + n dates), but I assume that your data isn't organized that way?
    The data is organized in the following way:
    1) There are 5 different resources: place, equipment, notes, assemblers, artists.
    2) Every resource = 1 different row, 5 rows in total. So the number of rows is fixed. (The ideal variant is when 1st column is not scrolling, while others - can be scrolled left and right)
    3) Every row contains "days"... So we could plan and track resource usage at any date of the chosen month.
    4) The headers... well, i suppose 1st header - is one type, all other headers - are same types with just different names, like "May 1st, monday". Don't know how to do here...

I got one idea, but i'll be able to implement it only tomorrow morning - i will share the results here...

1. There is an extension that can lock the first column of a grid.
    2. If you don't want to show all columns at once you could create 'next month' and 'previous month' buttons that change the ColumnModel (using setConfig).

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    1. There is an extension that can lock the first column of a grid.
    2. If you don't want to show all columns at once you could create 'next month' and 'previous month' buttons that change the ColumnModel (using setConfig).
    1) Wow! I haven't found it yet - could you, please, post a link to it?
    2) OK... i was going to do it externally, just passing current month data to ext and building the grid for current month only based on that variable, like in old good times =/, but your idea is excellent. I'm simply haven't accustomed to ext yet =)

Condor, thank you for the replies!!!

Hi!

I solved the problem - it turned out to be purely about logics, not connected with ext - my array (from MySQL) was not suitable for DataStore.
    In short, MySQL stores my data "vertically":
    1 column - dates
    other columns - resources
    So what i needed to do is to "rotate" the array: make columns become rows, and rows become columns = info for each date.

Thank you guys for all the info!!