Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 1.2.3 - Drag and Drop from ListView to Tree

  1. #1

    Question 1.2.3 - Drag and Drop from ListView to Tree

    I just upgraded GXT to 1.2.3 (from 1.2.1), and my drag and drop functions are no longer working.

    I previously had set up a drag from one of two listViews (using ListViewDragSources) to a tree (TreeDragTarget), and was able to drag and drop items in the list into the tree (via the handleAppendDrop method).

    Since upgrading, I get a 'no drop' icon everywhere and can no longer drop the items onto the tree.

    I tried another widget where I used to be able to drag from the same two lists onto a a third list, and it is experiencing the same problem - I can't drop items onto it.

    Has anything changed with DND that I should be aware of in order to get this working?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2

    Default

    I have just found this affects all my DND code. I have another section of code with a ListView to ListView drag that works in 1.2.1, but on upgrading to 1.2.3 I can no longer drop.

    I've tried putting a listener on the drop target, and it's not getting any events at all.

    Is there a changelist I can check to see what has changed?
    (not just the release notes)

  3. #3

    Default

    One final note - I think all DND is broken, I just put the basic List to List example into our app (on its own panel) and ran it, and I can't drop anything with it either.

  4. #4
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,976

    Default

    http://extjs.com/explorer/#basic

    For me DND works very nice. Also it works quite well in all my applications. Is there some code in your app that might brake it? Have you tried one simple application?

  5. #5

    Default

    Hi Sven,
    It works fine in the explorer demo, and I tried copying the code from the List to List demo, and it doesn't work. I can start dragging, but the drop targets aren't allowing me to drop anything in (in fact it looks as though they aren't even registering that there is an object over them at all).

    It's been working great for a while, but I upgraded the gxt.jar, and it broke. That is the only change I have made, so I assume there is a difference in how DND is being handled. It's not necessarily a bug in GXT, but something has changed that has broken my working code.

    I'd really like to find out what it is, I don't want to have to roll back, as there were improvements in 1.2.3 which have helped out elsewhere in my codebase.

  6. #6

    Default

    I just rolled back to 1.2.1 to make sure the simple demo still worked, and it works fine, so it's definitely something in the updated jar.

    The event.target in the DND onDragMove wasn't being set in the new version, but it is being set in the old.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •