Some random questions
1) I've got a TabPanel with a form inside each tab. If I try to access a form before the tab has been activated I get an error saying it is undefined. Is there any way to have Ext auto render all tabs so that I can access the form inside a tab that has never been activated?
2) Is there any way to center a Panel inside of another panel. I've tried several things like using bodyCfg and bodyStyle to set a width and margin: auto but it appears the layout manager always overwrites my width to fill the container. I've found that using bodyCfg to set the body to use a center tag works for centering span elements but I also need to center block elements like the label in form inputs.
3) ie6 gives me an error when I try to add an Ext.Element to a Panel through its items property. Is there a correct way to do this? I would rather not use a template since I can't get a reference to the added html. Adding the element to the panels body element works but then I have to wait until after the panel is rendered and the body element is created which is a pain.
Anyway these are some problems that have been bugging me for a while now and if anyone knows a solution I'd be very thankful.
Please read http://extjs.com/learn/Ext_Forum_Help
Please do not dump a bunch of questions into single post. It makes it very difficult for people to follow the thread and know what's been answered.
1) Not sure... I've always checked if the form existed in the tab before I did anything with it.
Originally Posted by micah.d.lamb
3) How are you doing the add? panelObj.add(newPanel) works for me.
Hope that helps..