Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Solved]IE6 insecure items warning

Exclamation [Solved]IE6 insecure items warning

I am using quite a few Ext 2.0.2 components to construct a fairly complex UI. I have several panels, grid panels, and toolbars. Our application is running over HTTPS. During IE6 testing we discovered that we are reliably producing a warning about insecure items in one circumstance. Testing with Firefox shows no content was being retrieved over HTTP.

There's quite a bit of code involved and I'm not sure what code to show. The warning dialog occurs right before a panel is expanded, where we're listening on that event and handling it by then loading a JSON store. The URL of the JSON store, though, is a relative URL, so it should be retrieved over HTTPS. Strangely enough, even if I choose not to load the insecure content, all the content loads and renders from the JSON store. So, I'm not even sure what it's complaining about.

I've done quite a bit of searching around the forums for a solution, and there doesn't seem to be one for this. I've set both Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL to a local spacer gif and Ext.SSL_SECURE_URL to a blank file and then to true, but this hasn't fixed the problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sencha User

It's probably a missing image - use Fiddler to see if you get any 404s or maybe something that looks like a request with no file name. This would indicate that you're doing a directory traversal, looking for the default document, which could also be an issue.

I went through all the image URLs in my Ext-related stylesheets, and all references are valid. I double checked that nothing in ext-all-debug was programatically constructing images, too.

Sencha User

Did you look at the traffic with Fiddler?

I tried to look at Fiddler but all I see is 200's loading, no 404's. However, it doesn't appear to be displaying the requests for images, even though I haven't disabled that feature.

Any other suggestions?

I have been able to isolate the issue to the call to JsonStore.load(...), if this helps any.

Sencha User

Could be a problem with the content-type being returned by the server for that request? Or it's not going https.

Sencha Developer

I've never specifically run into this problem with ExtJS, but I have seen it in website's I've built.

In my case we were calling images over HTTP instead of HTTPS (the site was on HTTPS). You'll see in IE that when that warning pops up, the images in question haven't loaded, so that might narrow it down if images are the culprit here.

Images wouldn't show up in Firebug's console, btw, so you may just do a global "Find all" for anything "http:"

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by arthurakay View Post
    Images wouldn't show up in Firebug's console, btw, so you may just do a global "Find all" for anything "http:"
    They will be on the Net tab

Sencha Developer

Quote Originally Posted by tryanDLS View Post
    They will be on the Net tab
    So they are... I suppose I should be using that more often...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast