Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ext 2.0] GridView3 + Ext 2.0 - Live Demo

Ext JS Premium Member

Default Auto-filtering

I second the motion for an auto-filter addition to the column header context menus. It would be great if it worked similar to the sorting and simply passed auto-filter params in the request.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebwalton View Post
    I second the motion for an auto-filter addition to the column header context menus. It would be great if it worked similar to the sorting and simply passed auto-filter params in the request.

I agree with this feature.

Ext User

Default Will it improve the grid performance?

Jack,

1. Will the grid in version 2.0 have improved performance (e.g. in sort, change column width, and first loading)?

2. When do you plan to release this version?

Thanks,
    Maya
    Maya Lincoln
    www.processgene.com

- Sort won't change (it's not done by the grid).
    - Column width depends on the number of grids. In the old version, the more grids, the slower it got. In the new version it seems to be the same no matter how many grids. It is instant for me.
    - First render is much faster
    2. Soon. There is no official date set yet though.
    Jack Slocum
    Sencha Co-Founder, Ext JS Founder
    Original author of Ext JS 1, 2 & 3.
    Twitter: @jackslocum

Ext User

Post Auto Filter & Excel

Thanks Jack for the great work. I too like Excel's auto filter feature (use of drop downs from column headers). However, there are a couple of limitations with excel, I feel. I am open to others' thoughts.
    1) Power users of business apps like to enter ">10" (for greater than 10). This is not possible with Excel. You can only pick one value. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    2) Selected criteria is not visible. If you filter on 2 columns, you do not really know if the results are matching because of a filter, which column, etc.
    So, I think having an explicit row act as filter row and choosing controls like text field,drop down depending on column data might be better.

Having said that, having a customizable menu seems powerful/flexible too.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by akannu View Post
    Thanks Jack for the great work. I too like Excel's auto filter feature (use of drop downs from column headers). However, there are a couple of limitations with excel, I feel. I am open to others' thoughts.
    1) Power users of business apps like to enter ">10" (for greater than 10). This is not possible with Excel. You can only pick one value. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    2) Selected criteria is not visible. If you filter on 2 columns, you do not really know if the results are matching because of a filter, which column, etc.
    So, I think having an explicit row act as filter row and choosing controls like text field,drop down depending on column data might be better.

Having said that, having a customizable menu seems powerful/flexible too.

Thanks!
    Good point. I think the menu gives you more filtering options (there's no reason there can't be a field in there for typing ">10") but there is a lack of visibility.
    Jack Slocum

Default filtering presentation

In my opinion the best presentation for filtering is to be able to show filter values for each column in a second header row - coqsoft grid has got it pretty well right. The excel auto-filter, while familiar, is not quite good enough. Pop-up forms are another approach, but the preference is to be able to see the filter values all the time. The grid would really benefit from capability for additional header (& footer) rows.

Will

Default Nested Grid / TreeTable?

Jack,

Any plans to implement a nested Grid component (like the Swing TreeTable implementation)? I think I can probably whip one up myself, but I would rather have it get maintained as part of EXT at some point.

Awesome stuff, man. I am a believer.

Ext User

Post Columns Hide/Show

Hi Jack,
    I noticed the following in Grid 2.0 demo that behave differently from the earlier version. Just wanted to point them out. It is possible you are already working on them:
    1) Columns menu - I will have to access the menu for every column. In previous version, the menu stayed up and I can check/uncheck multiple columns
    2) Columns menu - I am able to hide all the columns and cannot recover. In previous column, there is validation that prevents me to uncheck the last column (i.e. need at least one checked).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by akannu View Post
    Hi Jack,
    I noticed the following in Grid 2.0 demo that behave differently from the earlier version. Just wanted to point them out. It is possible you are already working on them:
    1) Columns menu - I will have to access the menu for every column. In previous version, the menu stayed up and I can check/uncheck multiple columns
    2) Columns menu - I am able to hide all the columns and cannot recover. In previous column, there is validation that prevents me to uncheck the last column (i.e. need at least one checked).

Thanks!
    I have fixed both issues.
    Jack Slocum

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast