Thread: Clearing the combobox lastQuery

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default Clearing the combobox lastQuery

Hello,

I am looking for a correct way to force the combobox to reload it's content. Imaging a combobox present on a form displaying a (limited) number of items. The trigger action is set to retrieve all items from the server.

However, when I do click on the trigger field all items are loaded and the lastQuery property is set to "". Now I modify the items (add or remove one) with another function on that form and I need to update the combobox items. How can i force to do this, the doQuery(String, boolean) methods aborts if the lastQuery has not been changed.

Chris

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I almost consider this to be a bug, but maybe there is a good workaround for this. Can the GXT team provide a solution to force the doQuery(String, boolean) to reload the contents even when the lastQuery property has not been changed.

Help would be appreciated.

Chris

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I am using 2.0.1 and also seek a solution to this.

Unfortunately lastQuery is private so cannot manipulate it directly. The work around i am using is performing a very unlikley query (.doQuery("78234hjasdfhacv78seghfa89734ufwe9", true)) at the time its values are known to change - but I don't like that much.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

you have an full working code sample so someone can fast start with copy and paste to digg in your special problem?
    This forum needs your help: you got hints from the community and now you have fixed your code? dont just reply with "now its fixed" or "i found the error"! please take the time to post also an detailed answer with the working code.

GreaseMonkey Script for a GXT-only Forum: it hides ExtJs here: New Posts Search Results Advanced Search form Category overview http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthrea...041#post410041

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

We changed lastQuery to be protected. You can clear it so easily in a subclass. For now you will need to use JSNI to access private stuff.