Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [FIXED] Checkbox fields display problem

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member

This is more an issue in IE. You can repaint the component after expand/collapse with
    Code:
    checkbox.el().repaint()

Sencha User

Is there a good rule of thumb for when it is necessary to call repaint? and is there any way that the call can be pulled into GXT itself using some <replace-with> magic so we dont muck up ff, opera, chrome, and safari implementations with this 'hey browser, do as you are told' reminder?

I am encountering the issue on page load for normally visible checkboxes, in dialog boxes, and in tab panels - many many places to scatter the arcane repaint() call.

On a completely different note, why is the GXT checkbox field drawn differently than the checkboxes in grids or trees, and the checkbox field found in Ext?

Sencha Premium Member

What do you mean with drawn differently? Field checkboxes are real once. In the checkboxcolumn and in the tree it is an image.

Sencha User

I could be wrong, but I thought that Ext checkbox fields were drawn with images before - http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples....html#sample-9 shows "Checkbox/Radio Groups" with images, while going to the sample shows the fields themselves as you say.

What about abstracting up the repaint call, or at least some rules of thumb so that we have some best practices for using checkboxes in IE?

Sencha Premium Member

The there is almost no way to make this automatic. It can happen anywhere. I will look into this again. The element isthere, it is on the correct position, it is just not shown by ie.

Sencha Premium Member

Ok, found a little workaround for checkboxes. It is in SVN. please validate.

Ext GWT Premium Member

Default I'm still having the same, or a very similar, problem

Hi,

This looks very similar to a problem I'm having, where check boxes disappear or aren't rendered at all. They are in a FieldSet that uses a FormLayout. Changing the layout or the container works around the problem. In IE7, the checkboxes are initially invisible, but collapsing and expanding the field set causes them to be rendered correctly. However, the next mouse move makes them disappear again. In Firefox, they are rendered correctly all the time.

I've checked out from svn since your last post, sven, and didn't see a change in behaviour.

Here's some minimal source code:

public class Fred implements EntryPoint {
    public void onModuleLoad() {
    FieldSet fs = new FieldSet();
    Layout layout = new FormLayout();
    fs.setLayout( layout );
    CheckBox checkBox = new CheckBox();
    fs.setHeading( "FieldSet" );
    fs.setCollapsible( true );
    checkBox.setFieldLabel( "Checkbox" );
    checkBox.setName( "legends" );
    fs.add( checkBox );