Thread: What happened to ColumnTree?

Question What happened to ColumnTree?

I'm working on a column tree and I cant' find the documentation for it in the Ext 3 documentation - only TreePanel and TreeEditor.

That being said I'm having trouble figuring out how to send a custom attribute for lazy node loading. All the examples seem to show all the data coming down in one shot.

For mine I'm working with military units. The data looks like this in the db:

SysId: 1
    Name: Marine Division 1
    ReportsTo: 0
    DODAAC: 123141

SysId: 2
    Name: Marine Battalion 1
    ReportsTo: 1
    DODAAC: 981231

So when the column tree loads it should show the unit name and in a second column their DODAAC (basically a DOD address code). When I expand a node it should go back to the server to get the child nodes. I want to send the ReportsTo data back, but I can't figure out how.

I get that I need to set baseParams on the treeloader. I get that I have to define baseAttr somehow and I get that I have to use the beforeload event. What I can't figure out is how to set each node's attribute to the reportsto field value from the data. I've tried simple addressing the node's attributes but it won't work.

Any examples are pointers, as well as a tip as to why ColumnTree isn't in the docs any longer is appreciated.

It's a UX, they are not included in the Ext documentation build.