Thread: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child el

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Question HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child el

hey,
    Recently I am trying to use extJS to build a treepanel on aspx.net. but I met a weird case.
    if I add the function Ext.QuickTips.init() in the Ext.onReady. I got the below error
    "
    Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.2; Trident/4.0; GTB6; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC LM 8)
    Timestamp: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 21:41:28 UTC

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
    Line: 0
    Char: 0
    Code: 0
    "

remove the Ext.QuickTips.init() code, the tree works fine. however, if I enable the drag and drop in the tree by "enableDD: true", the above error happen again.

then I change 2.2.1 lib to 2.2.0 lib. everything works fine.

I tried extJs 3.0 RC2 and RC3 as well, the error still happned on those versions.

can anyone give me a hand? why the code works fine on 2.2.0 only?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I updated from 2.2.0 (with patch for Ext.onReady) to 2.3.0 in my application and I have the same problem in IE8 (HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed). When I remove Ext.QuickTips.init() the page loads OK. Any solution? Until the problem will be solved I will use 2.2.0 (with patch for Ext.onReady).

Vote Rating

There are still a few problems with Ext.onReady in both 2.3 and 3.0 (see here for description and a possible Ext 3.0.0 fix).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

@sharkyu
    Im having the same problem in IE7/8 using a grid might could you help me.. did you fix your issue??

@Condor
    I read about the possible Ext 3.0.0 fix, but im new with ExtJS so could you help me to aply it?

Thanks in advanced to everyone.!

Ext User
    Vote Rating

we fixed this issue by removing the legacy code. we rewrote those codes by new ExtJS3.0.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

This is the same error message I'm receiving but its pointing out a different issue and its not giving me details on what he error is.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Mine appears to be coming from the lightbox code

js/prototype.js
    js/scriptaculous.js?
    js/lightbox.js
    Something on Line 1, Character 1

But I don't understand because I copied the code exactly as they stated to do and its still coming up. I don't know what's wrong with my code.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Same problem

Got this message in IE8 only, when am trying to load ExtJS grid, while it's div is not visible.
    Have no idea - what to do ...

"... HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
    ..."

Can anybody help?

PS. Maybe will help load grid on some delay? Can anybody write how to do so?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

// $jquery_plugins[] = "./js/timepicker.js";

This helps ... timepicker make's problems ? This is terrible.