Thread: Is it possible not to display the group header?

Sencha User

Default Is it possible not to display the group header?

Is it possible not to display the group header? With group header I meant the row wherein the clickable + image appears along with configured header and rendered group field value.

I need it NOT to display if in that group there is only one record. However if a group has more than one record then it displays the group header as it normally would.

I've searched the forums and didn't find anything. I hope it is possible and if someone can show me how I can accomplish this, that would be great!

Thanks,

Group? What group? Button group? Checkbox group? Radio button group? Tab group? Be a little more specific, will ya? A sample code will help a lot in getting a good response from people.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by Lukman View Post
    Group? What group? Button group? Checkbox group? Radio button group? Tab group? Be a little more specific, will ya? A sample code will help a lot in getting a good response from people.
    Sorry for not being more specific. I meant Record group within a GridPanel that uses the GroupingView.

Anyway, I not sure if this is the proper way but I managed to accomplish this by modifying the following line of code in ext-all-debug.js:

Code:

'<div id="{groupId}-hd" class="x-grid-group-hd" style="{style}"><div class="x-grid-group-title">', this.groupTextTpl ,'</div></div>',
    to the following:

Code:

'<div id="{groupId}-hd" class="x-grid-group-hd" style="{[values.rs.length > 1 ? "" : "display:none;"]}"><div class="x-grid-group-title">', this.groupTextTpl ,'</div></div>',
    and that did the trick. If anybody has suggestions on how to properly implement this, maybe through an extension or a plugin, i'm sure that will help other people looking for this group header customization.

Thanks!

That's a good solution, but I would never edit the ext-all-debug.js or ext-all.js.
    Either you override the initTemplates-method of Ext.grid.GroupingView or you specify a startGroup-template as config-option "startGroup" to the Ext.grid.GroupingView. Look at the source for more information.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better ?diot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Enhanced ExtJS adapter for Adobe AIR

Here is your plugin. Plug it into the GridPanel that uses that GroupingView:
    Code:
    {
        init: function(grid) {
            var gview = grid.getView();
            gview.startGroup = new Ext.XTemplate(
                '<div id="{groupId}" class="x-grid-group {cls}">',
                '<div id="{groupId}-hd" class="x-grid-group-hd" style="{[values.rs.length > 1 ? "" : "display:none;"]}"><div class="x-grid-group-title">', gview.groupTextTpl, '</div></div>',
                '<div id="{groupId}-bd" class="x-grid-group-body">'
            )
        }
    }

Sencha User

Thanks to you both for your suggestions. I have already placed this code to my very first plugin - GroupHeaderVisibility.

I demand some credit! Just kidding :-P

I dug through the source file to get the 'startGroup' part since it is undocumented.