Thread: [FIXED-93][3.0.0] Form button align right failure in IE8

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member

Exclamation [FIXED-93][3.0.0] Form button align right failure in IE8

In IE8 buttons do not align right. The reason for this is the setting of a x-toolbar-ct table width to 100%. This occurs twice in ext-all.css by the way. Removing this fixes the problem but I don't know what damage it does elsewhere.

Code:
    .x-toolbar-ct {
    width:100%;
    }
    Here is an example that demonstrates the break. The fix is the commented out style block:

Code:
    <html>
    Code:
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" /> <title>Test</title> <link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='ext/resources/css/ext-all.css?$time' /> <!--style type="text/css"> table.x-toolbar-ct { width: auto; } </style--> <script type="text/javascript" src="ext/adapter/ext/ext-base.js?$time"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="ext/ext-all-debug.js?$time"></script> <script type='text/javascript'> Ext.onReady(function(){ win = new Ext.Window({ width: 260, height: 140, modal: true, title: 'Login', closable: false, constrain: true, items: [{ xtype: 'form', labelWidth: 75, labelAlign: 'right', bodyStyle: { 'background-color':'#DFE8F6', 'padding-top':'10px' }, border: false, baseParams: { module: 'login' }, items: [{ xtype: 'textfield', fieldLabel: 'user', name: 'user' }, { xtype: 'textfield', fieldLabel: 'password', name: 'pass', inputType: 'password' }], buttons: [{ text: 'Login' }] }] }); win.show(); }); </script> </head> <body> <noscript>Javascript must be enabled!</noscript> </body> </html>

Ext User

Thanks for the report.

For completeness, I see the button left aligned in IE7 or IE8 regardless of document mode or compatibility view setting.

Fixed in SVN.
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Former Sencha framework engineer, available for consulting.
    As of 2017-09-22 I am not employed by Sencha, all subsequent posts are my own and do not represent Sencha in any way.

I'm seeing behavior similar to this in IE8, but slightly different. If I have a row of buttons (there are 6 to begin with in my window) and a couple of them are hidden... Particularly the one farthest to the right, the buttons do not stay aligned to the right. I can provide screenshots if you'd like, but imagine a row of 6 buttons, a couple are hidden (including the button to the far right), and the buttons are now not all the way to the right.

Sorry... Ignore that top part. Create a window with a few buttons that are shown. On the click event for one of the buttons, hide a couple of them... Particularly the one farthest to the right. The buttons will not be aligned right. It looks like an inline width is being set on the x-toolbar-layout-ct <div>

I just added:
    Code:
      table.x-toolbar-ct {
       width: auto;
       float: right;
      }
    to the style declaration. Fixes it in IE8 without harm to FF3, but I'm not sure on the ramifications of the other browsers or what happens when buttons are left aligned.