Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: "Feature Requests" into "Ext JS Community Forums (3.0)"

  1. #1

    Lightbulb "Feature Requests" into "Ext JS Community Forums (3.0)"

    It could be great to have an "Ext: Feature Requests" into the "Ext JS Community Forums (3.0)"...

  2. #2
    Sencha User Condor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    24,246

    Default

    There is a reason for that. Did you read the first stickied post?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    There is a reason for that. Did you read the first stickied post?
    Yes I read it and like it's written ("You may still freely post feature suggestions in the community forum areas,...") I would like freely post feature suggestions in the community forum areas, but where ?

    It's unfortunate for the community because I don't want post to ask something but to propose what I done...

  4. #4
    Sencha User Condor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    24,246

    Default

    You could post a feature request in the Ext: Open Discussion forum.

    There is not a very big chance that a developer will read your request, but if several of the support members agree on it, one of us could move it to the feature request section.

    Also, an improvement (that does not add extra features) can be posted in the Bugs section.

  5. #5

    Question

    Ok, thank for your response.

    But why don't you create simply a "Feature Requests" or 'improvements" topic into Ext JS Community Forums (3.0) ?
    And if several of the support members agree on it, one of you could move it to the feature request section.
    Just to avoid the mess into the forum and save the time of the person who search where to post.
    Because it's impossible to guess what you said.

  6. #6
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McCornic View Post
    Ok, thank for your response.

    But why don't you create simply a "Feature Requests" or 'improvements" topic into Ext JS Community Forums (3.0) ?
    And if several of the support members agree on it, one of you could move it to the feature request section.
    Just to avoid the mess into the forum and save the time of the person who search where to post.
    Because it's impossible to guess what you said.
    The ability to post formal feature requests is a benefit of paid Support.

  7. #7

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by tryanDLS View Post
    The ability to post formal feature requests is a benefit of paid Support.
    Every body understand that!
    I'm not talking about to post formal feature requests but about to freely post, for the community, few improvements suggestions.
    And if possible, not having to do it into a bugs topic...

  8. #8
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Well then as Condor said, use Open Discussion. If the devs/support folks think it has merit, they can escalate it and/or move it to Feature Requests. We're not going to have another forum just for this.

  9. #9

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by tryanDLS View Post
    Well then as Condor said, use Open Discussion. If the devs/support folks think it has merit, they can escalate it and/or move it to Feature Requests. We're not going to have another forum just for this.
    Ok. Could you update the first stickied post with what condor said ?

    You could post a feature request in the Ext: Open Discussion forum.
    There is not a very big chance that a developer will read your request, but if several of the support members agree on it, one of us could move it to the feature request section.
    Also, an improvement (that does not add extra features) can be posted in the Bugs section.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •