2 Oct 2009 2:18 PM #1
[FIXED-286][3.x] GroupTabPanel's beforegroupchange event is fired/handled incorrectly
Ext version tested:
- Ext 3.x rev 5429
- only default ext-all.css
Browser versions tested against:
- FF3.5 (firebug 1.4.3 installed)
- WinXP Pro
- The 'beforegroupchange' event is fired even if the end-user switches tabs in the same group. In addition, return false in the 'beforegroupchange' event handler doesn't prevent the end-user leave the active tab (which in addition causes a weird UI effect).
These problems can be reproduced in the GroupTabPanel example (http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/exam...grouptabs.html). Since I am using it to build the navigation hierarchy in a big project, I would really appreciate if the Ext team (or someone else) can kindly confirm and fix it at the earliest convenience. Thanks.
In addition, each group tab has a thick black border in IE6.
- not provided
8 Oct 2009 11:54 AM #2
And update on this issue? Thanks.
8 Oct 2009 7:30 PM #3
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Sydney, Australia
- Vote Rating
Confirmed, however it's a bit more complicated than you've described, since the underlying GroupTab still fires a tabchange event.
I'll put it on the list, but it's probably not the highest priority.Evan Trimboli
Twitter - @evantrimboli
Don't be afraid of the source code!
9 Oct 2009 8:17 AM #4
Yes, the problem is a little bit tricky to describe.
To be honest, I think the code for GroupTabPanel and GroupTab isn't written and tested well. For example,
- it provides expandGroup() and toggleGroup(), but not collapseGroup().
- the GroupTab has an unexpected black border in IE6.
- setActiveGroup() and setActiveTab() don't have return values, but they may fail if the event handler for beforegroupchange and beforetabchange return false.
9 Dec 2009 7:46 AM #5
Your issues should be addressed in SVN revision #5760.
Please let me know if this is what you needed.