Thread: Animate help

Default Animate help

Hello,
    I've been trying to figure out how to carry out animations in ExtJS. The closest to what I need is the animate method in the Ext.Element class, but even that one falls short because I can't figure out a way to stop running animations. I tried stopFx, but it seems to work only on effects defined in the Ext.Fx class. And even then, if I run stopFx, the effect is not only stopped, it is returned to its original state, instead of just stopping in and staying in the state it stopped.
    My question is: how can I animate elements with custom effects, like their background colors, while still being able to stop them, and having control over what happens when the animation stops? This kind of things is pretty easy to accomplish in jQuery, so I'm sure it is possible here too, but I can't figure out how from the documentation.
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    Perrin4869.

The underlying foundations of Ext (Ext.lib.*) are not documented for some reason (I think they should be)

But you need to use the Ext.lib.Anim package.

I can try to help with this if you explain what you are trying to do.

Default Animation help

This is basically what I'm trying to accomplish:
    http://www.teleri.co.il/test.html
    Not having documentation for the Anim package sure is a bummer... Other than reading the source, is there a way for me to get to know how to use it?
    Does Anim work like the animate method, in that it needs an "animation type"? It seems very illogical to me to have an animation type, that way you can't animate colors and dimensions for example at the same time....
    Thanks for the help!
    Perrin4869.