Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Combobox disappears on disable in IE 7

  1. #1
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default Combobox disappears on disable in IE 7

    I want to disable a combobox.

    Ext.getCmp(elmID).disable();

    When I do this the combobox disappears in IE 7. Please help

  2. #2
    Sencha User KenHuffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default I get the same problem on IE8

    I've got the same problem. Calling setDisabled(true) on an Ext.form.ComboBox, makes it disappear on IE8. Commenting out the call, and the component does not disappear. Works fine for Firefox.

    [I even put the call to setDisabled(true) in a few second DelayTask() by itself to verify it was the culprit. It disappeared when the task fired.]

    Anyone have a fix?

  3. #3
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default

    Hi,

    Ext.getCmp(elmID).disabled = true;
    Ext.getCmp(elmID).setEditable(false);

    This worked

  4. #4
    Sencha User KenHuffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default Better solution

    Setting it to non-editable does not make it appear disabled. Here is a workaround that does.

    Clone the x-item-disabled CSS:
    Code:
    .x-item-disabled-ie {
        color:gray;cursor:default;opacity:.6;-moz-opacity:.6; -ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=60)";
    }
    Then use
    Code:
    disabledClass: Ext.isIE ? 'x-item-disabled-ie' : 'x-item-disabled'
    in the ComboBox's config.

  5. #5
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    60
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default Same issue, but no luck with suggested solutions

    I tried both of the solutions suggested, but neither seemed to have any effect at all. Has anyone found a better fix?

    Code:
    {
    	fieldLabel: 'Status',
    	hiddenName: 'status_id',
    	xtype: 'combo',
    	store: status_store,
    	valueField: 'id',
    	displayField: 'name',
    	typeAhead: true,
    	mode: 'local',
    	triggerAction: 'all',
    	allowBlank: true,
    	selectOnFocus: true,
    	forceSelection: true,
    	value: 0
    	,disabled: true
    },{
    	xtype: 'panel',
    	border: false,
    	html: '<br />'
    },{
    	fieldLabel: 'Status #1 Date',
    	name: 'status_1_date',
    	xtype: 'datefield',
    	width: 100
    	,disabled: true
    },{
    	fieldLabel: 'Status #1',
    	name: 'status_1',
    	allowBlank: true,
    	xtype: 'textarea',
    	height: 60
    	,disabled: true
    },{
    	xtype: 'panel',
    	border: false,
    	html: '<br />'
    },{
    	fieldLabel: 'Status #2 Date',
    	name: 'status_2_date',
    	xtype: 'datefield',
    	width: 100
    	,disabled: true
    },{
    	fieldLabel: 'Status #2',
    	name: 'status_2',
    	allowBlank: true,
    	xtype: 'textarea',
    	height: 60
    	,disabled: true
    },{
    	xtype: 'panel',
    	border: false,
    	html: '<br />'
    },{
    	fieldLabel: 'Status #3 Date',
    	name: 'status_3_date',
    	xtype: 'datefield',
    	width: 100
    	,disabled: true
    },{
    	fieldLabel: 'Status #3',
    	name: 'status_3',
    	allowBlank: true,
    	xtype: 'textarea',
    	height: 60
    	,disabled: true
    }
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default

    additional notice

    this happens on IE7/8 with
    HTML Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    (none of fixes above works)

    while with i.e. following doctype declaration everything's working fine (no fix necessary):
    HTML Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

    any solution?

  7. #7
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    925
    Vote Rating
    33
      0  

    Default

    this.setDisabled(true);
    this.setEditable(false);

    worked for me (IE7)

  8. #8
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    58
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default

    Hi.
    I have the same trouble, and i am wondering is there some "official" fix? or just workaround?



    Thanks.

    Cheers.

  9. #9
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Exclamation This is still a bug in 3.3.1!

    Hey Ext developers, anyone?

    Found out that having a different hiddenName and id solves my problem.
    In your example the id was not set. Try to make sure both are unique among all elements.
    i.e. try
    ...
    hiddenName:'status_name',
    id:'status_id'
    Last edited by sencha10; 14 Jan 2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added my working work-around

  10. #10
    Sencha User jagadeesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bangalore , Trianz
    Posts
    10
    Vote Rating
    0
      -1  

    Default

    .x-item-disabled {
    filter:'' !important;
    }

    This worked for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •