Thread: include only required extjs files

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default include only required extjs files

Hi All,

I am new to Extjs3.0. I want to generate the repports in my application using extjs.
    The size of extjs is near about 42mb.
    How can I remove the size of extjs and use that in my application. I have removed the docs folder. The size now reduced by 29mb.

I mean what are the required folders/files for extjs so that only those files I will include in my application?

Can anyone help me please?

Your help will be highly appriciable

Thanks

Vote Rating

Hi, i'm also new in ExtJS but i'm Reading 'learning ExtJS' book it's awesome you should read it if u like have control with ExtJS library.
    In order to let your project use ExtJS, you shout add these files and folder to your lib directory :
    • adapter and resources folders
    • ext-all-debug.js at production step (when writing your code it's help you have some error codes and give you some informations about errors on your code)
    • ext-all.js when your code is ready to be published, change the ext-all-debug.js file by this one after your code is clear and your app running

now you should insert some links into your index file like :

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="lib/extjs/resources/css/ext-all.css" />
    <script src="lib/extjs/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"></script>
    <script src="lib/extjs/ext-all-debug.js"></script>
    IE: in this code i add resources, adapter folder and ext-all-debug.js file in a folder named "extjs" under lib folder.

i hope give you some help

good coding

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating

adapter/ext/ext-base.js, ext-all.js, resources/css/ext-all.css and everything from resources/images/default/*.

By building a custom Ext you can reduce the .js and .css filesize even further.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks libertux and condor.

I am using extjs3.0

I.e. if my extjs folder contains
    ext-base.js
    ext-all.js
    resources directory

and removed following directories
    adapter/jquery
    adapter/prototype
    adapter/yui
    examples
    pkgs
    src

Then also my application will give me report in extjs. right?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi, Condor, when I try ext "Desktop Example", I found the ext-all-debug is mandatory, how can I remove it? when I remove this file, it reports errors in ext-all.js. Because this file is too big(2-3Megabites), I have to remove it. THanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    adapter/ext/ext-base.js, ext-all.js, resources/css/ext-all.css and everything from resources/images/default/*.

By building a custom Ext you can reduce the .js and .css filesize even further.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Why two files of js are require to include

Why two files of js are require to include and what are their roles ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Files required for ExtJs4.0

Hi,

Similarly, I have an issue like what are the files needed to work with ExtJs4.0? I'm unable to run my samples in Internet Explorer 8.0. Here are .html file contents.

<html>
    <head>
    <title>:: Drop down list ::</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="E:\My Folder\Practice\ExtJS\resources\css\ext-all.css">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="E:\My Folder\Practice\ExtJS\ext-debug.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="E:\My Folder\Practice\ExtJS\Apps\Layouts\LayoutsDemo.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body></body>
    </html>

What wrong did I do here? Can anyone please give your suggestion to solve my issue?

Thanks