I am preparing the release of a TimePicker component, basing on a library to provide an objectorientated api for the HTML 5 canvas tag and want to hear your opinions about my current state.
You can find a demo right here:
I'm going to release the component the next days in this thread, i'f just to clean some mess up. The first alpha release of the canvas library is currently hosted at google code.
The TimePicker component makes use of the Ext.ux.Canvas and Ext.ux.Clock components and utilizes three Ext.ux.SpinnerField components for the time components. All methods of the Ext.form.Field class are properly overloaded. A value has to be given and is returned in the format "HH:MM:SS". The component is currently tested in Firefox 3.5 and IE 8.
What's also on the Roadmap?
- Support to drag a clock hand and change the value directly in the canvas
- Support different rendering formats (like a small clock on the right instead of the big one)
(Modify the path to your extjs manually in the demo.html file please)
- More Ext-like rendering of the clock
- Enable circular scrolling of the spinners
- Add configuration values to customize the clock rendering process
- Updated canvas component to r25
- Added render and afterrender events to the ClockController
- Added extraClockCfg property to the TimePickerField to make setting clock configurations easier
- Translated doc comments of ClockController into english. Didn't realize i've left them in german in the previous release...
Looking forward to read your opinions