Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
[OPEN-523][3.1] Not able to enter text with FF and HTML Editor
I'm not sure how far back this has been a problem.
Scenario to reproduce:
1. Use FireFox (it's not a problem with IE or Safari, just FF)
2. Go to http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/exam...m/dynamic.html
3. Scroll all the way down to the last form
4. Click on the "Biography" tab
5. Click inside the HTML Editor and type some text (so far so good)
6. Click on the "Phone Numbers" tab
7. Click again on the "Biography" tab
8. Try clicking inside the HTML Editor box -- the cursor does not appear
9. A user is required to click outside the form first, then try again
Can't confirm this using FF3.5.7 on windows.
Twitter - @evantrimboli
Don't be afraid of the source code!
Forgot to mentioned the version. Firefox 3.6.
When clicking inside the HTML editor -- I meant the text area box.
confirmed on OSX 10.6.2 + Fx3.6.
looks like Fx's disappearing cursor bug back from Fx 2.x is rearing it's ugly head again...
Turn-around to the hidden cursor
We encountered the same issue in Firefox 3.6.8 during the development of our application (which lead us to this thread).
I played with the sample and found a turn-around, using the undocumented iframe property of the HtmlEditor:
The iframe is actually keeping the focus, but the cursor is not shown. We noticed that the cursor reappeared if a different field was clicked before getting back to typing in the HtmlEditor. The call to blur() followed by focus() forces the iframe to focus anew.