Thread: [CLOSED] Loading Store twice causes PagingToolBar to disable

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.

Default [CLOSED] Loading Store twice causes PagingToolBar to disable

This is a bug report for the bug reported in feature requests:

http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85011

Currently the paging toolbar remains disabled after request have completed. If it is not valid for a second load to be fired while the first is pending then the loader should not make the request. Alternatively (preferred) the toolbar should not remain disabled after requests have completed.

Sencha Premium Member

As this is a feature erquest, i am closing this. There is no need to open the same issue a couple of times. You can catch this easily in your code if you have a problem with it.

Sorry I don't agree that this is not a bug. If a user causes a load request to fire, then follows up with a second load request when the first has yet to return then why should the paging toolbar remain disabled?

I've tried to work around this by re-enabling the toolbar in the load callback but this does not always work. How do I "catch this" as no exception is thrown.

Sencha Premium Member

Sorry I don't agree that this is not a bug.
    Than please read the bugforum guidelines and compare your post according to the guidelines.

A toolbar cannot handle two loads. This is a edge case your application code needs to handle by now. We cannot change how the loader works in ANY minor version, so we cannot just cancel the first reqeust if you start a second.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    As this is a feature erquest, i am closing this. There is no need to open the same issue a couple of times. You can catch this easily in your code if you have a problem with it.
    sven, can you provide a link to this feature request post? I like to make some comments.

I agree with jburnhams that is a bug. Also how do I cancel the first quest? The best I have come up so far is to ignore other requests while the first request is loading, but this doesn't always return the most recent data.

My post from a while back remains unanswered. http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85011

Sencha Premium Member

You where the one that made it http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85011

The behaviour as it is now cannot be changed as it wont be backward compatible.

Also its not that commen that this happens. GXT3 will fix this.