Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: [SOLVED]Strange combobox bug

  1. #1

    Default [SOLVED]Strange combobox bug

    I've come across a strange bug with my combo box that causes it to render weird. When the arrow is clicked, the dropdown always appears in the upper left portion of the page. Also, when an option is selected the field is not updated. Another thing, when typing your own answer in the combo box, it modifies the empty text message. Any idea why this is happening? I've tried both ExtJS 1.0.1 and 1.1rc1. I've also tried both yui + adapter and jquery + adapter. This bug appears in both Firefox 2 and IE6. Firebug shows no errors. Here is some of my code:
    PHP Code:
    Ext.namespace('Ext.infodata');
    Ext.infodata.org = [
            [
    'IS'],
            [
    'HR']
            ];
            var 
    organization = new Ext.form.ComboBox({
                
    fieldLabel'Requesting Organization',
                
    hiddenName:'organization',
                
    id'organization',
                
    store: new Ext.data.SimpleStore({
                    
    fields: ['org'],
                    
    data Ext.infodata.org
                
    }),
                
    displayField:'org',
                
    typeAheadtrue,
                
    mode'local',
                
    triggerAction'all',
                
    emptyText:'Select an organization',
                
    selectOnFocus:true,
                
    width:200,
                
    forceSelection:true
            
    }) 
    If you need anything else from me, let me know. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Overlord; 18 Jul 2007 at 8:38 AM. Reason: Problem Solved

  2. #2

    Default

    I just ran into the same thing. My comboboxes were working though. I'll post back if I'm able to get mine working again.

  3. #3

    Default

    Yea, mine used to work as well. I have no idea what caused them to break. I've tried removing CSS code, segments of code, and so far haven't figured it out. Good luck to you though!

  4. #4

    Default

    Were you able to figure anything out?

  5. #5

    Default

    I just figured it out.

    The problem occurs when you set the id and hiddenName properties for the combobox to the same value. I'm guessing that this causes the combobox to be associated with the portion of the dom created for the hiddenName option.

  6. #6

    Default

    Thank you so much! That did the trick.

  7. #7
    Sencha User jack.slocum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    6,956

    Default

    I just ran into this one myself and went looking for this thread to let you guys know. I guess I should have subscribed!
    Jack Slocum
    Sencha Co-Founder, Ext JS Founder
    Original author of Ext JS 1, 2 & 3.
    Twitter: @jackslocum

  8. #8
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lilongwe, Malawi
    Posts
    5

    Default another combo oddity in 1.1

    I know this is closed - another quirk of combo boxes: if you do not specify a triggerAction, the list reduces to just the chosen one after the first select - wasn't so in 1.0! (where I could omit it)

  9. #9
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bourges (France)
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I have similary the same bug.
    Except that the combobox does'n't appear at all.

    my code is :
    Code:
    	var annee_select = new Ext.form.ComboBox({
    			fieldLabel: 'Filtre A prendre',
    			name: 'rech_annee',
    			hiddenName:'rechann',
    			id: 'rech_annee0',
    			mode:'local',
    			store: ds_annee,
    			displayField:'annee',
    	        valueField:'id_annee',
    			triggerAction: 'all',
    			width:70,
    			emptyText:'Choisissez une année'
    	});
    	
    	annee_select.on('select', function() {
    		loadgrid();
    	});
    	
    	var ds_dev_inactives = new Ext.data.Store({
    		proxy: new Ext.data.HttpProxy({
    			url: basepagebo
    		}),
    		reader: new Ext.data.ArrayReader({id:0}, [
    			{name: 'dev_id', mapping:0},
    			{name: 'dev_name',mapping:1}			
    		])
    	});
    I put 3 different name.
    But when I inspect it in IE the input hidden as the "name = rechann" and "id = rechann"

    I think I will pass a long time to resolve all the IE's bug

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •