23 Mar 2010 2:38 PM #1
Ext JS 3.2RC1 released
We're pleased to release the first Release Candidate build of Ext JS 3.2 today. The recent 3.2 beta has been received very well and has had a minimal number of bugs reported so I hope we can move swiftly to final.
We'll issue a blog post when final hits (probably next week), but in the interim I'd greatly appreciate any feedback from people using the 3.2RC - as always, the bug forum is the place to post any bugs you encounter
Changes since the beta:
* Significant HBox and VBox layout speed improvements
* Moved Ext.ux.SliderTip to Ext.slider.Tip, included in ext-all builds
* Moved Ext.ux.form.SliderField to Ext.form.SliderField, included in ext-all builds
* Performance improvements to AnchorLayout and ColumnLayout
* Fixed a bug with the new Slider implementation
* enableBubble moved from Container to Component
* Fixed IE6 rendering glitch when using 'under' as the target for errors on a CompositeField
* New Themes Viewer example
* Updated the YUI charts version from 2.7.0 to 2.8.0
* Numerous performance enhancements and bug fixes
You can download the Ext JS 3.2RC1 here, and view the examples and documentation online.
Thanks and enjoy the release.
23 Mar 2010 2:47 PM #2
Excellent work guys! Well done!
The composite field is the killer extra feature for me.
Looking forward to the full release...
23 Mar 2010 3:02 PM #3
Hey, great! The themeviewer example is an excellent one to see most components with the theme, thanks!
And yes, i love the composite field too. I love the whole framework!vg Steffen
Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5
23 Mar 2010 5:09 PM #4
+1 from me. It's a joy to develop with Ext JS.
23 Mar 2010 7:50 PM #5
My project worked fine with 3.1, but no longer works properly in 3.2RC1 and I'm not sure how to debug that.
Basically what I have is:
- a border layout.
- in the east region a Panel with cardlayout layout and different cards in it.
- what card is shown depends on what the user clicked in the center region.
One of the cards uses vbox layout, and is giving issues.
When activated it initially only shows the title of the card, and not the contents.
If I resize the border layout regions, it does display the contents of the card properly.
23 Mar 2010 7:57 PM #6
We put it through a lot of testing internally in different edge case situations but it sounds like we missed something. Would you mind filing a full bug report on the bugs forum so that we can get this addressed for 3.2 final?
23 Mar 2010 8:20 PM #7
EDIT: Never mind! I did find it using browser search as a method of component. For what ever it's worth, searching 'enableBubble' in the API docs search field didn't return any hits. Not sure why.
23 Mar 2010 11:08 PM #8
24 Mar 2010 6:44 AM #9
24 Mar 2010 6:45 AM #10
I notice that tests are distributed with 3.2. How can I run the test suite (how can I get it)?