Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [FIXED-32] Ext Designer does not start on Window XP

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.

Default [FIXED-32] Ext Designer does not start on Window XP

I'm having problems running the trial. I load it and get the splash screen (now only 12 days left in trial). But when I click continue trial, the screen disappears and I'm left with nothing - the Ext Designer.exe is still in my task manager but using no cpu.
    I'm on windows xp behind a proxy.

Do you have a previous version (pre-release, etc) of the Designer installed? If so, try uninstalling both, and try again.

We tested on XP with no issues.

Ext JS Premium Member

Hi,

I got the same problems on two different systems. One is a fresh installed Windows XP VMware and one is a Windosw 7 Home Premium 32bit version.

In both systems I see the splash screen with the buttons "continue trial" and "get key". After clicking "continue trial" the screen will be closed and nothing happens anymore. When I look in the process list I see a Ext Designer process, but nothing else.

I already deinstalled all versions of Ext Designer, I cleaned the registry from all entries which are not deleted during deinstallation and I also deleted all configuration files in the users folder.

It's a little bit frustrating - we paid not less money for a product and now it seems that we getting beta testers for this money...

I only had the one version installed. I've uninstalled it (through add remove programs) and restarted the system.

Downloaded the latest installer. Ran the installed, selected English, and installed to default location. Installer completed successfully.

Double clicked on Ext Designer icon on desktop. Splash screen appears (12 days left in trial even though I haven't managed to run it yet successfully). I click Continue Trial and the splash screen disappears.

Nothing else happens. Task manager shows Ext Designer under processes with 27,172K memory and 0 CPU.

I'm on windows XP through a proxy (squid?).

I'm running Vista x64. After selecting Continue Trial I takes about 40 seconds for the Welcome window to show. But when I select Get Key and enter my forum credentials the Welcome window shows immediately (although still in trial mode ).

Quote Originally Posted by twaindev View Post
    I'm running Vista x64. After selecting Continue Trial I takes about 40 seconds for the Welcome window to show. But when I select Get Key and enter my forum credentials the Welcome window shows immediately (although still in trial mode ).
    I don't think that's related to this bug. I left the process running overnight the other day and nothing had appeared after 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by jburnhams View Post
    I don't think that's related to this bug. I left the process running overnight the other day and nothing had appeared after 12 hours.
    OK, then the proxy is the problem in your case.

But I still find it strange that it takes 40 seconds for the welcome window to show after selecting Continue Trial.

Ext team - could you confirm the proxy is the issue here? Are there plans to fix this or will our company be unable to use the designer?

Ext JS Premium Member

I do not have a proxy and have this problem, so I don't think that only a proxy problem is responsible for these problems...

Quote Originally Posted by jburnhams View Post
    Ext team - could you confirm the proxy is the issue here? Are there plans to fix this or will our company be unable to use the designer?
    We will get this resolved. Please contact me directly via email ( aaron_at_extjs.com) to get the specifics of your system , proxy, etc
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast