Thread: Load TabPanel content dinamically on activate event?

Ext JS Premium Member

Default Load TabPanel content dinamically on activate event?

Hello,

I want to build web application using ExtJS library. Some part of application will use multiple nested tab panels. Those tab pannels will be forms, htmleditors, grid pannels, treepanels....
    What i found out is that nested tab panels are "slow"

Question is: What i'm asking is, is it possible to initially add just "fake" tabs, where only tab title would be visible, and than on "activate" event i would load (using Ajax) real content - grid, forms and other heavy GUI controls?

I'm already using deferredRender: false settings, but that just isn't fast enough.

thank for your help, pointers in advance.
    Andrej

Touch Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by andrej_marincic View Post
    Question is: What i'm asking is, is it possible to initially add just "fake" tabs, where only tab title would be visible, and than on "activate" event i would load (using Ajax) real content - grid, forms and other heavy GUI controls?
    Yes, see the autoLoad method. Look at the basic tabs example if you want to see it in action.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCamel View Post
    Yes, see the autoLoad method. Look at the basic tabs example if you want to see it in action.
    BlueCamel, thank you for your answer, but as i understand autoLoad feature can only be used to load HTML into panel body, but i want to load some other control - maybe even another tabpanel. Is it possible to do this with autoLoad feature?

andrej