Thinking of doing a live webinar (Global Virtual Meetup!). What are your thoughts?
As some of you know, I spend a lot of time creating Ext JS screencasts and presentation videos. With the popularity of our Ext JS meetup group in Northern Virgina, I've been toying with the idea of doing a live webinar, this way we have global knowledge sharing.
Here are my thoughts:
- I plan on using gotomeeting (need to work on the registration), since I already have a yearly subscription for it. However, this only supports 15 attendees (Mac and Windows - sorry linux guys) with broadband. Those 15 attendees will have direct voice access for questions.
- I will try to work out a way to rebroadcast the gotomeeting live via ustream. I cannot promise this though.
- Meetings will be recorded (still need to hash out how i record my voice and that of the meeting), remixed and available for viewing via my blog and vimeo page.
- I need to come up with a way to do registration,and possibly collect donations, etc. GotoWebinar is $99/month!
- The date for this is still up in the air.
- Broadcasting window will most likely be from 1PM - 4PM US eastern (GMT -4).
- Using such technologies will allow us to have other presenters from around the world.
Here is what I need from you:
- An idea on interest.
- Ideas on topics to cover. Something that can be covered in detail in about a 30 - 45 minute session, with 15 minutes for questions. Ideally, there would be a small lecture involving slides and then some live coding.
Note: The growth of this depends on the participation levels and my ability to figure out a way to raise funds for a better solution, such as gotowebinar.
Ext JS Premium Member
I would surely be interested in this!
The first ideas that I have would be more directed to beginners to intermediate ExtJs coders...
One I'd like to see if to cover the concepts of layouts in ExtJS. I find the documentation and the samples to be a bit poor in that area.
Another idea would be to pick up one of the UX in the samples (like the TreeGrid for example) and show how even though there isn't official documentation for it how we can put it to use, subclass it, use the parent's class official documentation (if it applies).
State Management would also be a nice one especially for a 30 - 45 min. session
Layouts are covered in depth in screencasts: http://www.extjs.com/learn/Screencasts
State management is a great idea. I actually started to create slides for my next screencast, which is about State management .