Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Extjs 3.2.X Unit Testing and Ext.test.session implementation

Sencha User

If you make a zip package for ext 3.1, i will put it on github and i will add you as contributor (i need your name).
    Nicolas FERRERO

My GitHub Repo

@sreedhar2009: Glad I could help. I actually had my include ordering from an older version of the test harness now that I think about it, so my bad on that one. Glad it's working now tho =)

@yhwh: It seems to just be the 'header: true' config in columntree.js that is causing the problem in Ext 3.1.0, which I don't believe is necessary anyway because we are setting a 'title' config when creating the panel. Not sure exactly why it's causing an error, but it stems from the superclass call to onRender() in Ext.Panel. Removing the 'header: true' config fixes the problem, and you should be able to remove it from the code anyway without any difference in behavior for newer versions of Ext.

-Greg

Thanks a lot Nicholas, you are doing great job !!!
    Check this: http://code.google.com/p/js-test-driver/

It's not JS unit-test framework, it's unit-test runner - you can run tests in commandline, in any browser...
    It works really nice - you start js-test-driver on any port, then open browsers, that you want to capture (on that port) and don't care about browsers anymore...
    You can capture remote browsers as well. It works really nice. If you write lightweight tests, you can execute them really fast (400tests under 1 sec no problem)
    I use it with eclipse plugin and execute all tests after save. It's so clever, that JS files are not loaded again (only files, that has been changed)... Really nice tool !!!

And another really nice link about testing in general, as I hope, that testing is more about writing testable code, than writing tests...
    http://misko.hevery.com/

Unfortunately, almost all code on this forum, manuals etc is really hard-to-test...
    If ExtJs wants to go in TTD way (I hope, it would be great), then we must use different aproaches then preconfigured classes etc...

Sencha User

Thanks,
    Unit test runner is a must have for sure.
    I could add to your comments: if a method is too hard to test, maybe it's because it handle too much operations.
    An interesting article, about writting testable js
    There is also an amazing unit testing framework called jasmine, it allows you to spy or stub what you want and that's facilitate a lot unit tests dev, the produced code is less bulky than Ext.test and more readable.
    Nicolas FERRERO

My GitHub Repo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345