Thread: Serious Performance issue with AbstractStoreSelectionModel.select() and deselect()

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Exclamation Serious Performance issue with AbstractStoreSelectionModel.select() and deselect()

Hi,

We are using GXT 2.x and facing serious performance issue with AbstractStoreSelectionModel.select() and deselect()

In one case, we want to select about 1900 nodes on the treeview. It took about 3 minutes. To deSelect all these 1900 nodes, it took about 2 minutes.

1900 nodes on the tree are our normal use cases. For some customer, the tree can have 10000 nodes. I belive these customers will face much more serious problem. and it is not acceptable to them.

Do you have any tips or suggestions on how to improve on this area (select/deselect on the tree view)

Thanks for any help!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

1900 nodes on the tree are our normal use cases. For some customer, the tree can have 10000 nodes. I belive these customers will face much more serious problem. and it is not acceptable to them.
    That is not a usecase for a webapp

You should really think on another application design.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

GXT 2.2 will contain many improvements for tree structures. but you really need to think of other designs. Its the worst idea you can ahve to show 10000 nodes to a human being at once.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

we will not show all 10000 nodes to the user in one shot. there is a scrollbar on the view. they can only see about 100 nodes in the view. my questions is: when calling select(10000 nodes) on the tree, does GXT try to do the selection on all the nodes right away, even on those are not visible on the tree view. Is there way that we can only apply the selection on the visible 100 nodes and when the user scroll the bar down or up, the selection will be applied on the new visible nodes. in this case, even we calling select(10000 nodes), actually, only 100 nodes are selected and the rest will be selected when the user scrolling the scroll bar.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Why do you make yoru text bold, this just tells me that you dont want any further answer or help

If you want them selected, they get selected, if they are visible or not. Selection is not linked to visiblity.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Why do you make yoru text bold, this just tells me that you dont want any further answer or help

If you want them selected, they get selected, if they are visible or not. Selection is not linked to visiblity.

For me, using text bold just means this question is really important for me and I really want to get some help from you.

It is a blocking issue for us right now.

If it makes you uncomfortable, I am sorry.