The Sencha team is pleased to announce the latest Ext JS version 7.7 release. Following the 7.6 release, which included highly requested features for Grids, Modern sliderfield and more, along with quality improvements in both toolkits, 7.7 includes numerous quality enhancements in Ext JS for Modern and Classic Toolkits for customer requests focused on Grid, Chart, TreePanel, Timefield, ComboBox, Store, etc., and much more.
Table of Contents
Quality Enhancements and Developer Productivity Improvements
- Grid enhancements include a better scrolling experience, grid column sort state, cell editing, row editing, and more.
Ext JS Modern to Ext JS Classic parity features:
- Improvements to Timefield and Calendar Modern components
- Chart component improvements for Classic and Modern
- Enhanced Firefox user experience for Grid Column
- Accessibility improvements for Grid (ARIA)
Please refer to the Ext JS 7.7 release notes for further details.
Sencha Architect Enhancements
- Support for on-demand downloads of the framework, templates, and other dependencies for the user-selected Ext JS version.
- Support for all Ext JS framework versions from 7.x to 4.x
- Support for all major platforms of Windows, macOS (which includes M1 & M2) and Linux
Numerous quality enhancements for Sencha Architect
- Performance improvements
- Import support for Sencha Themer generated themes in Architect
- Expanded menu option support for macOS
Shown: On-demand downloading and framework versions support
- Sencha offers support for the most recent IDE and Ext JS versions with its Sencha Eclipse plugin, Sencha JetBrains plugin, and Sencha Visual Studio Code plugin.
- Numerous quality enhancements
Please refer to the IDE Plugins documentation for further details.
ExtGen and Sencha Cmd
- CMD improvements for closure compiler and Open tooling/NPM improvements.
- Refer to enhanced CI/Opentools documentation to include steps on Creating your own Copy of Sencha repo: This section outlines the way in which you can download all the Sencha node packages from our repo, saving them locally, without the need for constant authentication.
- Updated ExtGen and Sencha Cmd to support Ext JS 7.7.
Provided support for Ext JS 7.7 in Sencha Upgrade Advisor, Sencha Architect, IDE Plugins and Sencha Themer. Please visit the Support Portal and download the latest versions.
Ready to check out the Ext JS 7.7 documentation?
We are working hard to serve our community better in all areas. Please do try out our new Ext JS 7.7:
- Download Ext JS 30-day free trial
- Getting Started Guides
- Check out the updated Resource Center
- KitchenSink examples
Looking to Upgrade to 7.7?
The free-to-use Ext JS Upgrade Adviser tool helps identify code changes required to migrate to the latest Ext JS version. Give it a try!
Join to Sencha Discord Server
Are you looking for community engagement? Want to help, learn and share with many Ext JS experts? Join Sencha Discord Server now for free and be part of our community!
- Sencha MVP’s are there.
- Sencha developers are there.
- Expand awareness of Sencha products
- Community Engagement and Contributions
- And more…