Sencha Animator, the first professional tool for creating CSS-based animations, lets interactive designers create high-quality HTML5/CSS3-based animations that run smoothly on mobile devices and ad networks, without requiring a plug-in.
SAN FRANCISCO (Adobe MAX, booth 214): Sencha, the leading provider of HTML5 frameworks and tools for desktop and mobile application developers, has shipped Sencha Animator, the industry’s first commercial tool optimized for the creation of CSS3-based animations that run plug-in free. Note to media: a comprehensive press kit is available online.
Sencha Animator enables professional designers and advertising creatives to leverage Web standards and create highly engaging, cross-platform animations for WebKit browsers, the latest Internet Explorer 10, and popular touchscreen mobile devices. Using Sencha Animator, creatives can build rich advertising experiences for the Web that engage more viewers on a wider range of devices, boosting click-through rates and campaign ROI.
“Mobile is no longer optional. Sencha Animator fills the gap in Web animation tools and helps us deliver a new level of mobile creative,” said Marc Infield, partner at Infield Design. “The timeline interface is so familiar that we were producing HTML5/CSS animations in no time. And with the actions interface, creating complex interactions is intuitive. That’s what I’d expect from the people who brought us Ext JS.”
Author and deliver rich, immersive experiences using Web standards
“Sencha Animator has opened the door to creating rich, complex animations using HTML5 and CSS3,” said Corey Lansdell, co-owner of Pulp Studios. “We build character-based animations that require lots of keyframes and tweening. With Sencha Animator, tools like motion-path tracking and timeline workflow aid us in building lush, fluid character movements. These and other tools limit the need for extensive programming, which is a huge cost savings.”
Sencha Animator extends the Sencha range of tools for Web app developers
Sencha delivers application frameworks that enable developers to create rich applications for web browsers and mobile devices using web standards like HTML5 and CSS3. Sencha Animator and Sencha Touch deliver a powerful mobile application and animation environment for developers and creative designers.
Sencha Animator extends Sencha’s tools, enabling the rapid creation of HTML5 and CSS3 assets:
- Create complex, plug-in-free animations for rich-media ads that run on any CSS3-compatible ad network.
- Powerful, intuitive, drag-and-drop development environment.
- Full CSS3 support, including animations, 2D and 3D transformations, backgrounds, borders, font effects, and more.
- Interactive timeline and intuitive object property controls.
- Manage sequencing, grouping, easing, and other effects with a familiar timeline interface.
- Export animations to readable HTML.
- Ensure high-fidelity playback on the Apple iPad, Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry Torch, BlackBerry PlayBook, Google Android-based phones and tablets, and Windows 8-based tablets, and take advantage of hardware acceleration, where available.
- Supports ORMMA Level 1 (open rich-media mobile advertising), open standard for rich media ads for mobile devices.
- Available on every major desktop OS (Mac, Windows and Linux).
Sencha Animator pricing and availability
Sencha Animator costs $199 per seat and is available for immediate download from Sencha.com. Volume discounts are available; see the Sencha store for details.