Since 1997, Synergistix has enabled life sciences companies to build strong customer relationships and highly effective sales teams with its end-to-end customer relationship management solutions. Our Customer Analysis and Targeting System (CATS) Software Suite expertly combines field-based data capture, management reporting, and compliance services to deliver a state-of-the-art, regulatory-compliant solutions for automating, managing, and monitoring sales team activity.
Typical users of our CATS Software Suite are Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Sales Representatives and the home office teams supporting them. These Sales Representatives are often considered the most elite group of sales professionals. To meet their demanding and evolving requirements, we developed the CATS Software Suite, based on Sencha Ext JS , which includes:
- The ability to support the varying needs of the field sales team, sales management, sales operations, executive management, marketing, analytics, and compliance teams.
- A robust system that is simple for all users to use, with superior workflow capabilities that enable users to intuitively and seamlessly move throughout the system.
- A system with single source code that allows for simplified system management and multiple customer-specific configurations through database settings for different screen layouts, work flows, and role-based business rules.
- The necessary validation and system checks to ensure compliance with the complicated and constantly changing FDA, state, and local regulations.
- The ability to transparently work online and offline, with automatic data transmission and synchronization.
- Cross-platform compatibility for tablet and desktop systems, including iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows.
Table of Contents
Why We Chose Ext JS
Ext JS was the right choice for our CATS Software Suite because of its ability to create a flexible and user friendly, industry-specific solution. Among other value-added benefits, the top technical reasons we chose Ext JS include:
- Unified Framework: This enables developers to create applications that are capable of targeting both desktop and mobile devices. We began using Sencha Touch to create an application specific for tablet devices. We then moved our remaining applications to Ext JS 6, allowing us to maintain a single framework for all of our applications. This significantly increased the performance of our teams as they were able to use a common platform across the different development groups. In addition, the unification significantly increased knowledge transfer between developers and enabled the portability of our internal library and components.
- MVC/MVVM Architecture: The MVC/MVVM architecture enabled us to better organize the source code of our projects in order to reuse components between our CATS suite of applications, independent of the target platform(s). Using common components reduces our development time, makes updates across the applications easier and reduces testing time while increasing quality.
- Components: Leveraging a rich set of components allowed us to concentrate on our business needs and the user experience.
- Support: Sencha has an active developer community that features strong support forums and Sencha Premium Support for fast turnaround times on questions. The framework has an extensive set of widgets, examples, and developer documentation to minimize the learning curve of new developers.
- Cross-Browser Compatibility: Our customers use a variety of browsers and platforms. The home office staff can use desktop or laptop computers, while sales representatives can use the tablet or phone for their everyday tasks. The growing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend allows customers to use an extensive set of technologies. Ext JS enables Synergistix to support all of these operating systems and hardware without having to build separate applications.
- Subscribe to Sencha Support for fast turnaround on questions.
- Participate in the SenchaCon events for new techniques and best practices from the creators.
- Coordinate training classes with Sencha trainers to significantly reduce the learning curve.
- Take advantage of webinars and other publications to keep abreast of new releases, features, and capabilities.
- Participate in the Early Access program. This will provide you with valuable advance time to test your applications for incompatibilities and alert the Sencha Team for possible fixes or workarounds before GA (General Availability).
Business Value of Using Ext JS
By using Ext JS 6, we have been able to create a leading, fully functional, scalable, and highly configurable system, while maintaining an amazingly easy to use interface. The CATS Software Suite’s adaptive and responsive design helps support many different types of users with a suite of applications that uses the same set of components. Using a common framework across our applications reduces the overall cost to develop and support our applications. Most importantly, it provides unparalleled value to our most important users, our customers.
Our Advice to New Developers
Sencha is a major factor in the success of our CATS Software Suite. Not only did the Sencha framework and tools meet our design requirements, they enabled us to create a system that is robust, highly configurable, and exceeds the expectations of our customers.