Company Momentum Continues with Industry Recognition as SD Times 100 Award Winner in User Experience, CODiE Award Finalist
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – June 15, 2017 – Sencha, the company providing a unified platform for designing, developing and testing cross-platform web applications, today announced updates to its comprehensive Web Application Development Platform – including Ext JS 6.5, Architect 4.2, Themer 1.2, Cmd 6.5 and Test 2.1. The company additionally announced that it has been named a winner in the User Experience category for the 2017 SD Times 100 Awards, an award honoring companies who display innovation in software development, and has also been recognized as a CODiE Award finalist in the “Best Mobile Development Solution” for Sencha Ext JS.
“We’re honored to be recognized by SD Times for our continued excellence in user experience. This award and the CODiE Award finalist recognition are testaments to our dedication of creating groundbreaking products in our Web Application Development Platform to continue to give developers everything they need to build high-quality cross-platform web applications,” said Art Landro, CEO of Sencha. “The development landscape is changing as applications continually become more complex and data-intensive. This, coupled with the fact that customers have come to expect a consistently excellent user experience, is what makes our product essential for success in today’s competitive market.”
Ext JS 6.5
Ext JS supplies developers with everything they need to build data-intensive, cross-platform web applications. Key features include:
- New and improved components. Significant performance-enhancing updates have been made to Dialog, Date Panel and the Modern Grid.
- Rich data visualization and data analytics capabilities. New charts and components, upgrades to D3 and sophisticated data analysis support make analyzing and interpreting data simpler than ever before.
- Virtual Store. Improvements to Virtual Store make managing and scrolling through massive data sets effortless.
- Data entry intensive application support. New support for Forms enhancements including field validation, input masking box labels and a new ComboBox component.
Architect 4.2 lets developers quickly and easily build modern Ext JS applications. By using visual drag-and-drop features to automatically generate application code that is optimized for high performance, Architect 4.2 reduces the need for manual coding, eliminating human error. Key features include:
- New plugins. Visually build Ext JS applications with Grid, Tree and Pivot Grid.
- Updated code view editor. New editing capabilities support the use of ECMAScript 2015 (ES6).
- Support for new themes. Leverage more than 300 new theme variables from Ext JS 6.5 and directly import themes from Themer 1.2.
Themer 1.2 now supports all of the exciting enhancements and new components in Ext JS 6.5. With more than 300+ new Sass variables in Ext JS 6.5, teams can create visually stunning applications using Ext JS 6.5 in conjunction with Themer 1.2. Key features include:
- Theme new components. Adjust the Sass parameters for the new Ext JS 6.5 components including Datepanel, Dialog, and more without writing a single line of code.
- Theme Form Validations. Customize error validations with error message fonts, line heights, under margins, as well as error icon colors.
- Theme Menus. Create a UI mixin or change the styles of the menu border, header, icon colors, menu body, menu item, menu separator, as well different states of menu items.
Cmd provides developers with a full set of lifecycle management features to optimize their Ext JS apps. Key features include:
- Dynamic Package Loading. Create a smooth loading experience for large applications.
- Build Progressive Web Apps. Provide a richer mobile experience and enable offline access to web applications and application availability on low-quality networks.
Sencha Test 2.1
Sencha Test 2.1 provides developers and quality assurance teams with new features that improve their ability to create tests, manage defects and store test results. New features include:
- Inspection. Inspect components and elements on Ext JS applications for faster test creation.
- Test management and storage. Execute tests from Sencha Studio and store test results on the local archive server.
- JIRA integration. Publish bugs directly to JIRA.
- Visual Testing. Users can perform visual testing directly from Sencha Studio.
Ext JS 6.5, Cmd 6.5, Architect 4.2, Themer 1.2 and Test 2.1 are available now. For more information, visit https://www.sencha.com/products/.